The statements below reflect the general responsibilities and requirements of the identified position but may not describe all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
*Achieves quarterly and annual lead generation goals as outlined in sales incentive comp plan.
* Handles inbound client calls, qualifies leads and if appropriate grows client relationships at the appropriate levels.
* Collaborates effectively with Business Development Directors in business unit; brings potential opportunities to their attention.
* Effectively transfers accounts and client information to Business Development Directors.
* Manages annual expense budget and submits expense reports for reimbursement on approval timelines.
* Expands client requests upselling for business unit when possible.
* Provides weekly sales activity report to management.
* Develops client call cycle to achieve objectives and sales plan
* Provides general intelligence on key competitors.
* Sells the business unit's capabilities leveraging differentiation framework
* Recognizes and communicates sales opportunities for other business units.
* Establishes and manages customer expectations.
* Collaborates with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
* Organizes and hosts client visits if required.
* Uses SFDC to manage internal communication and document territory and client information as required for the business unit.
* Responsible for Opportunity Management and accurate pipeline forecasting.
* Maintains frequent email and phone contact with clients to grow and expand business relationships.
* Leverages Marketing, SMEs and Operations Staff to support client discussions and heighten clients' awareness of BU services.
* Evaluates quotations and provides input to ensure client and company requirements are met.
* Collaborates effectively with sales executives from other business units to bring potential opportunities to their attention.
* Leverage Social Selling techniques and tools to reach clients through digital channels sharing information including Covance services, web conferences, industry meetings, SME news, etc.
* Establishes, nurtures and grows client relationships at the appropriate levelsEducation/Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in life science or business field